St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect day for making delicious food, so I’ve gathered 60 of the best St. Patrick’s Day recipes for you to try!
The best St. Patrick’s Day recipes are those that are tried and true and very popular. These recipes fit that description. I’ve divided them into 6 neat categories below.
March 17th is St. Patrick’s Day. It’s a cultural and religious celebration held every year on the anniversary of Saint Patrick’s death. Saint Patrick is credited with bringing christianity to Ireland. St. Patrick’s Day has been celebrated in Ireland for over 1,000 years.
Because it’s fun to make an entire meal on St. Patrick’s Day, you’ll find the best recipes here for appetizers, cocktails, side dishes, soups, stews, main dishes and desserts. Many of these are traditional recipes, and some are more modern choices for St. Patrick’s Day. Plan your menu, and get to work!
Best St. Patrick’s Day Appetizer Recipes
- Irish Potato Bites: These are miniature potato skins filled with cheese and corned beef.
- Guinness Glazed Meatballs: These meatballs are infused with Guinness beer and smothered in a sweet and savory Guinness BBQ sauce.
- Irish Nachos: A twist on classic nachos, made with thinly sliced potatoes, crispy bacon, melted cheese and all of your favorite toppings!
- Luck O’ the Irish Skewers: A mish-mash twist of corned beef, cabbage, and a reuben in finger food form.
- Guinness Dubliner Dip: Caramelized onions are mixed with Dubliner cheese, cream cheese and Guinness, baked until golden and bubbly.
- Irish Pub Cheese: Silky smooth and loaded with Irish cheddar and beer flavor.
- Beef Puffs with Corned Beef Filling: Easy, homemade puffs filled with corned beef and served with honey mustard sauce.
- Irish Stacked Potato Bites: Layers of potato, cream and cheese in appetizer form.
- Hot Reuben Dip: A warm and creamy dip with melted Swiss cheese, chopped corned beef, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and sauerkraut.
- St. Patrick’s Day Snack Board: An appetizer board covered in a festive and delicious selection of Irish-themed snacks.
Best St. Patrick’s Day Cocktail Recipes
- Fuzzy Leprechaun Cocktail: An easy, green cocktail for St. Patrick’s Day!
- St. Patrick’s Day Jello Shots: Layered with fruity jello and some really fun alcohol flavors.
- Irish Flag Shots: A fun, 3-ingredient shot for a St. Patrick’s Day party.
- Emerald Sunrise: A St Patrick’s Day cocktail that puts a beautiful spin on a Tequila Sunrise.
- Boozy Shamrock Shakes: An adult version of the milkshake classic.
- Pot-o-Gold Cocktail: This drink is a delicious fruity cocktail. It can be served as a Pot o’ Gold or a Drunken Leprechaun.
- Tipsy Shamrock Cocktail: Great for parties, this easy to make holiday drink is festive and delicious.
- Irish Mule: A refreshing cocktail made with ginger beer, lime juice and whiskey.
- Mojito Sherbet Punch: A creamy lemon-lime, spiked party punch made with lime sherbet.
- Irish Margarita: Fruity and sweet, this green cocktail will win you over with its tropical flavor, emerald green color and gold sugar rim.
Best St. Patrick’s Day Soup and Stew Recipes
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup: The perfect soup for using leftover corned beef.
- Creamy Irish Wedding Stew: A twist on the classic, instead of meatballs and pasta, this version uses meatballs and potatoes.
- Irish Potato Soup: A creamy potato soup with plenty of bacon on top.
- Irish Colcannon Soup
- Beef and Guinness Stew: Rich and hearty with fresh vegetables and meat that is fork tender!
- Irish Potato Corned Beef Chowder: Use your leftover corned beef and potatoes for this delicious soup recipe.
- Easy Guinness Irish Soup: A delicious and easy Irish soup made with Guinness.
- Irish Stew: Chunks of tender lamb meat, carrots, potato and onion make up this delicious Irish Stew recipe.
- Irish Colcannon Soup: This is a hearty version of a classic Irish recipe made with potatoes, cabbage, onions, cream and butter.
- Vegan Irish Stew: A mixture of chunky vegetables in a rich stout-based broth.
- Irish Lamb Stew with Guinness: Lamb chunks and vegetables are braised in a broth that is spiked with Guinness beer.
Best St. Patrick’s Day Side Dish Recipes
- Irish Soda Bread: A classic quick bread with a crusty exterior and a buttery crumb- studded with raisins or currants
- Colcannon: Mashed potatoes with cabbage, green onions and added pancetta.
- Champ: These are also known as green onion mashed potatoes.
- Brown Butter Soda Bread: Brown butter is a lovely addition to classic Irish soda bread.
- Irish Cheddar Cabbage Hash Skillet: You can’t go wrong with cheesy hash brown potatoes and savory cabbage baked until golden and bubbly.
- Irish Brown Bread: This bread has additions of Guinness and buttermilk for a delicious, easy loaf to make.
- Traditional Irish Boxty: A traditional Irish potato pancake that uses both cooked mashed potatoes and grated raw potatoes.
- Irish Pub Salad: This is a crunchy salad with hard cooked eggs, cheese and a tarragon dressing.
- Mashed Cauliflower Colcannon: A healthy, low-carb, vegan twist on colcannon, this mashed cauliflower skips the potatoes and butter and uses lighter ingredients.
- Irish Cabbage and Bacon: This side dish is made with just 5-ingredients.
Best St. Patrick’s Day Dinner Recipes
- Irish Dinner Party Menu: Whatever your ancestry, celebrate all things Irish by inviting friends to dinner and serving this Irish Dinner Party Menu!
- Slow Cooker Guinness Corned Beef: Perfect, classic St. Patrick’s Day dinner!
- Cheesy Irish Sliders: These are made with corned beef or pastrami, Dubliner Irish cheese, a delicious sweet mustard on Aloha Rolls!
- Dublin Coddle: This meal is easy to make with potatoes, onions, bacon and sausages with chicken broth and beer thrown in.
- Beef and Guinness Pot Pie: A celebration in a bowl with puff pastry shamrocks for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Irish Corned Beef Cabbage and Carrots: This recipe originated with James Beard. It’s his take on Irish Corned Beef, Cabbage and Carrots.
- Guinness Shepherds Pie: A twist on the classic with the addition of Irish Guinness beer!
- Bangers and Mash: A quick and easy Irish sausage with onion gravy served over mashed potatoes.
- Guinness and Irish Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese: Flavorful stovetop mac and cheese made with Guinness stout, sharp Irish cheddar, and a touch of dijon mustard.
- Irish Dingle Pie: A hearty, hot water, crust pastry-topped dish filled with flavorful lamb and root vegetables.
Best St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Recipes
- No Bake Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake: This chocolate cheesecake has a silky texture and added Baileys Irish Cream.
- Irish Cream Bundt Cake: This easy-to-make cake is so good with a generous dose of Bailey’s Irish Cream glaze brushed on too!
- Green Velvet Cheesecake Cake: This cake is made up of two layers of green velvet cake with a layer of cheesecake in the middle. It’s covered with a marshmallow cream cheese frosting.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parfait: This dessert is layered with fudge brownies, mint pudding, cool whip and crushed Andes mints.
- Guinness Cupcakes with Baileys Frosting: A simple moist chocolate cupcake made with Guinness and topped with a creamy Bailey’s Frosting.
- St. Patrick’s Day Cake Pops: These are a fun treat made with cake and cream cheese frosting dipped in green chocolate and topped with sprinkles!
- Irish Cream Tarts: A creamy, rich treat of chocolate ganache poured into a chocolate crust.
- Shamrock St. Patrick’s Day Cake: Inspired by the beauty of shamrocks and all things green, this 2-layer naked Shamrock Cake is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- Chocolate Mint Oreo Truffles: These are easy and delicious Mint Chocolate Truffles dipped in chocolate.
- Shamrock Shake Pie: The classic St. Patrick’s Day milkshake made into a pie instead!